As Walmart is busy after the acquisition of the 77% share of Flipkart in order to meet the legal requirements, the Indian e-commerce giant also showed why it is the best option for Walmart in India. The four-day sale also allowed 300 sellers to become millionaires.
The four-day sale of Big Shopping Day recently completed on 13–16 of this month. In a press release, the company states that Flipkart’s gross earnings from this four-day sale was more than the earnings of India’s most successful movie till date.
In addition, the company highlighted that more than 54% of its purchasing clients came from the Tier II and Tier III cities and 93% of its customers buy through Flipkart Mobile Platforms.
Below are some of the important statistics attributed to the 4-day sale:
- New launched EMI facility on debit cards spurred the transaction numbers by 15x than the non-sale day.
- More than 300 vendors became millionaires during the four-day sale period.
- In the Mobile category, Flipkart generated 1.5x more sales revenue, which reaches the entire country in the first 24 hours for off-line and online sales.
- The most sold categories during this sale were cell phones, televisions, air conditioners, laptops, clothes, and shoes.
- Flipkart Fashion category witnessed a jump by 3x, while the brand’s fashion has seen a 10x increase in sales during the 4 Days compared to non-sale days.
- Flipkart becomes the largest one-stop-shop platform for watches in India by volume and value, which led the category to increase more than 7x during the sale.
Last year, in the festive sales of September 2017, Flipkart had again booked the top spot. A report by RedSeer Consulting found that the e-commerce sector recorded the highest sales performance during the five-day festive sale.
India’s e-commerce industry is expected to reach 200 billion dollars, according to a report by Morgan Stanley in 2026.